1. Joe Bruce Evans (1) was born on 19 Jul 1930 in Saline, LA. He has reference number A001.

Written in 1993:

I was conceived, I calculate, night before last, 64 years ago. If I am correct, that would have been on October 12, 1929. The event had required, my father was to tell me years later, his deception in "forgetting the protection." He, John Owen Evans, and my mother, Constance Waye Coker, had been married for almost two and a half years at the time. The union of the 23 chromosomes from each, into the 46 which would initiate me, brought together very diverse blood lines.

Information on my Evans blood, more specifically the 23 chromosomes brought by my father to this event, begins in Scotland in the early 18th century. Once in America in the 1700's, Evans blood was joined with that of other familys named Kitchens, Wheeler, Fickling, and Cloud. The last infusion, which joined the Evans' and Clouds,' introduced Cherokee Indian blood into the line, along with English, French, Irish, Dutch, and possibly German.

No information is known about the Kitchens or Wheeler linage. Fickling blood was 1/2 English, 1/2 Irish. If the Kitchens' and Wheelers' were also of English heritage, then Martin Bunyan Evans, my grandfather, would have been 5/8 English, 2/8 Irish, and 1/8 Scotch.

More information is available on Cloud blood than on any other line. The Clouds have been traced to England in 1528. Two generations later, William Cloud came to America in 1682. Three generations later, another William Cloud, born in Virginia about 1720, returned to France, married a French lady, and came back to America. Their son, John, married Elizabeth Lacy, a Cherokee Indian in Kentucky. John's son, Noah, married a Dutch lady, Delilah Folsom. Hence, the Cloud blood, by the time it fused with Evans blood through Delilah Cloud, was 9/16 English, 4/16 Dutch, 2/16 Indian, and 1/16 French (this assumes that Delilah's mother, Mary Izora Smith, was English; since Mary Izora's mother was a Hinkle, perhaps she was 1/2 German).

With the joining of the Evans and Cloud blood lines, my father, John Owen Evans, was 18/32 English; 4/32 Dutch; 4/32 Irish; 2/32 Scotch; 2/32 Indian; and 1/32 French; or roughly, one half English, a fourth Dutch/Irish, a fourth Scotch/Indian, with a bit of French blood tossed in.

Constance, at the event of my conception, brought an equal number of chromosomes from the Coker blood line. Little information is available on the Coker family prior to their coming to America, or on the ladies the Coker men married. Other family names joining the Coker blood include Davis, Mitchell, Traylor, Duty, and Gray. All of these four generations were born in America.

Assuming that my mother's heritage was all English, my blood lines would be: 50/64 English; 4/64 Dutch; 4/64 Irish; 2/64 Scotch; 2/64 Indian; and 1/64 French; or, roughly 3/4 English mixed with 1/16 Dutch, 1/16 Irish, 1/32 Scotch, 1/32 Indian, flavored slightly with a taste of French and perhaps some German blood as well. Needless to summarize, I am of very mixed blood lines.

At the time of my conception, my father, then 23, was working in his father's store at Harper's Spur, while speculating on stocks and beginning to explore the oil business; my mother was almost 23, beginning her fifth year of teaching at Saline High School. They lived in two rented rooms in the home of Mr. Lee Payton, next to the new school building which had been built after the fire of November, 1927 (Where Jerry Morgan lives in 1993), and had a portable kerosene stove to cook on. J.O. and his brother Sidney were planning to open a store of their own in Saline the following year, and had conceived the J.O. & S.B. Evans Petroleum Co.

After Constance discovered she was pregnant, she wanted to quit teaching at mid year. She when to Dr. Hailey, School Superintendent, to tell him so but, she recalled at age 81, he said: "No, you can't quit. I'm your superintendent and I'm your doctor, and I'm telling you you can't quit." So I had to keep teaching. But I was determined to look better, so I went to Arcadia and got a piece of black velvet for a maternity dress. (This same velvet was later made into a suit for me and then passed to Janet Toms' boys).

During the Christmas holidays, 1929, Constance returned to Cotulla, Texas, to visit her family, while J.O. remained in Saline and worked in his father's store. She mailed him a present which he described in a return letter as just what I needed in our oil business I want to tell you about. The following Spring he and his brother Sidney went into partnership, borrowed $600 from their mother as a down payment, and bought a wooden store building with a small stock of groceries in Saline. He and Constance also moved into a newly completed small house on the main street of Saline, which they at first rented from Mr. Eugene Rogers for $15 per month.

She continued to teach until school was out on May 25. Then, on Saturday, July 19, 1930, at 6:04 1/2 A.M. (so my father would record), under the Zodiac sign of Cancer (the crab) related to the breast of the human body, while the moon was halfed, I was born. Dr. W.B. Hailey delivered me, I am told, in my parents' new home, in the presence of my father and grandmothers, Coker and Evans. Later he would tell me about the delivery: Boy, that'll really make you appreciate a woman.

Other events during 1930, the year of my birth: Admiral Byrd returned from a North Pole Expedition; the Veteran's Administration was established and Boulder Dam begun. Herbert Hoover was U.S. President. Best movie was All's Quiet on the Western Front; best actress was Norma Shearer. Heavyweight boxing champ was Max Schmeling. Popular tunes included Body and Soul, Embraceable You, I Got Rhythm, On the Sunny Side of the Street, and Walkin' My Baby Back Home. U.S. population was 123 million; average income, $1,552. A new Ford cost $550, gas was 20 cents a gallon, and milk cost 56 cents per gallon. Lowell Thomas, called Mr. Radio, began his nightly news broadcast. Greta Garbo starred in her first talking film; Bobby Jones won the golf grand slam; and Ethel Merman debuted on Broadway in CRAZY GIRL. Also born that year were Neil Armstrong, Joanne Woodward, Buzz Aldrin Jr., Bob Mathias, and Sean Connery. The planet Pluto was discovered, flashbulbs were patented, and the first electric train was tested.

Closer to home, I, with blue eyes and dark brown hair, had weighed in at 9 pounds. I was 21 inches tall. Within 15 days, Mr. and Mrs. Sudduth, Joe Lynn and Anne, my Aunt Irene, Uncle Brewer, and 94 others had come to see the new Evans and signed my baby book. My first outing, I am told, was three weeks later, on August 8th, to my Evans' Grandparents two miles away at Harper's Spur; then, on the 24th, to my Coker' Grandparents in Bryceland, and to a B.Y.P.U. Social on the 27th. Nearing one and a half months old, I began a habit that was to be one of my longest standing habits: I went--was taken, that is, to church, beginning at Sunday School on August 31.

Reportedly, my first word was bye, followed by mama on October 28. My first tooth came through at age 6 months when I weighed 20 pounds. During the Christmas holidays, before I was six months old, my parents took me to Cotulla, Texas to visit my mother's family again. After they returned home on Friday, Dec. 19, 1930, J.O. wrote back: Hello Everybody, Here we are back in Louisiana...We spent the first night at Fort Worth and the next one in Dallas. We stopped in Bryceland with Irene and Brewer for a while as we came through...We cannot begin to tell you all how much we enjoyed our stay with you...It will be several days yet before we can say for certain whether or not we will be able to move down there. They have the store completed and are on a deal to buy a business here in town...MERRY CHRISTMAS - Joe Bruce, Constance, and Owen. Coker adds: Joe Bruce sure does keep me trotting trying to entertain him and work too. In February, 1931, when I was 7 months old, J.O. wrote to my grandfather Bill Coker. In the letter he noted: Joe Bruce will soon be as large as you are. He fell off of the davenport tonight but laughed about it...

At 10 months I was vaccinated against diphtheria. First steps alone came when I was 11 months old on July 7, 1931. I am also told that I first slipped off from home alone and went to the Sudduths next door when I was one year and five days old.

Mrs. Sudduth later gave me a book of her recollections: DEDICATED TO MY LITTLE NEIGHBORS WITH LOVE, SUS: On July 19, 1930, Joe Bruce made his timely arrival into this world. I was invited over to see him and of course all of us thought he was the world's greatest baby since Mrs. Evans had been Joe Lynn's and Anne's first teacher...With Bruce next door we all gave him a lot of our time and Anne, 8 years old, was the baby sitter. All of his little stunts were cute to us. Long before he spoke a word, if any of us wore a new dress, shoes, or ear screws, he would point to them and say O-O-O. The day Bruce was 1 year old Mr. and Mrs. Evans had him sitting in a wooden box in the yard while they planted flowers. He climbed out, toddled all the way to our house, bare foot without falling one time. He was wearing a white baby dress and had a mop of curls on his neck. Mr. and Mrs. Evans missed him, ran all around calling while he was watching--laughing. Within a month or so he liked for Joe Lynn and Ann to take him walking after supper, holding his hands. Not talking too much yet, when he wanted to turn in any direction he just hit Joe Lynn on the hand.

At one year I was taken to the first Watermelon Festival held in July in Saline. Then, at 13 months I went to my first Fish Fry at Grand Ecore. I was taken to the State Fair in Shreveport when I was a year and three months old, and entered in a Baby Contest (actually an evaluation by the Child Welfare Department). The record notes that I weighed 22 1/8 lbs, was 30 3/8 inches tall, and had a 19 inch head. My overall score was 97.5, with points taken off under Physical Examination, Genitalia: Adherent prepuce, .5 (inflamation); and under Measurements, diameter of chest, lateral, .5 (notes that the standard measurement is 6, whereas I measured 5 inches). Also, standard measurement, diameter of chest, antero-posterior, 4 7/8 inches and I only measured 4 inches, costing another .5.

At 15 months (as shown in baby pictures) I played with a wooden car which I think had belonged to my father as a boy. A small black-eared dog also appears in pictures with me. That Christmas my mother again took me to Cotulla, Texas, to visit her family. Dady stayed home to keep the store while we were gone. On Friday nite, December 19 he wrote: ...I have the house all cleaned up but can't stay here without you (then written in pencil he adds...and Bruce. On Sunday night the 21st he wrote: Dear Mama and Joe Bruce, I'm back from church and Joe Lynn is over here radioing...I miss you so much when I get in the house alone. Just can't stay here. I sat by Mrs. Sudduth at church - says she missed both of you, especially Joe Bruce talking to her from the porch...Sugar I love you and Joe Bruce so much, you don't know just how I did feel Friday night and every other time I am here by myself. Guess I will live over it so you make out your stay and don't worry about me or things here. I love you most and Bruce lots, Daddy. Bruce be particular and dont get sick.

At Christmas he wrote:...I miss you and Bruce so much until I just can't stay in the house. We worked until after eleven last night...We go down and eat dinner with mama. Merry Christmas and Love...Give Bruce some Castor oil. Owen. Then on Sunday night, December 29: 10:00 P.M. Just finished checking the S.S. change. Was on the BYPU program tonight so did not go. Just didn't want to. Went down and ate with Mama today and again tonight...Can't think of any thing to say except I love you too much. Make out your stay. I will meet you in Shreveport if you can't make connections. Remember my love is all yours. Hello Bruce, Owen.

Then on December 30th he wrote:...Dear Helen Marie, Elmer and Folks: and mama and Bruce too,...Well I just had an egg nog but didn't have but one egg to put in it so can't think what to write very fast. We are moved in our new building but are not straightened out yet...I have not had much fun this Christmas. Have had the blues too much. Surely did miss not being at Cotulla with you all. We have worked all Christmas even most of the 25th...How about some of you all coming back with Constance... If you all wont come, hurry and get through with Bruce and Constance and send them home cause I don't see how I can do without them much longer.

At 18 months I weighed 26 1/2 lbs. My parents had a 1932 black Ford automobile. My first haircut came on March 2, 1932, when I was approaching age 2. By then I had curly blond hair and lighter blue eyes.Two year pictures show me with a cake and 2 candles. On July 28, just turned two, I was taken to the Second Annual Saline Watermelon Festival.

Mrs. Sudduth also wrote that on seeing my first snow in early December, 1932, I looked out the window and said, "Oh, so much sugar." During Christmas my family went to Cotulla to visit my grandparents, Aunt Helen Marie, Uncle Elmer and Uncle William. Here I had my first horse ride at age 2 1/2 and have loved horses ever since.

In March, 1933, my Uncle William, mother's younger brother, who had let me ride his horse with him and given me a picture he drew, was tragically killed in a car accident with my Uncle Elmer. Mrs. Sudduth remembered about me: He was growing up now and with his happiness came some sadness--his Uncle William's death. He came to our home every day and said, "Sus, I must talk to you about Wig-am going to Heaven for it makes my Mamma sad."

It was about this time that he started coming to our house to make my corn bread. He always washed his hands, got on his knees in a chair and mixed the bread. He always said, "Sus, if it wasn't for me you never would have any corn bread, would you?" (I clearly remember these ventures "helping Sus make corn bread." I felt very grown up and helpful.) She added: Bruce came over each day while I cooked to repeat nursery rhymes with me. One time I repeated --"Ding Dong Bell, Kitty is in the well. Who put her in? Little Johnny Green. Who pulled her out? Big Johnny Stout." He said, "Thats not right. Little Johnny Green too little--Big Johnny Stout put kitty in, pulled her out too." He was on the floor busy making a train with tobacco cans.

My other memories during this period of time include Dady trying to cut my hair in front of the fire place in our living room. It was so hot. The clippers pinched and he got hair all over me. I was crying. Mother later told me he decided after paying for my first haircut that he could do that. He ordered clippers from Sears Roebuck and gave it a try. She also said it was the only time he tried.

Mrs. Sudduth wrote: About this time Bruce started going to all of the school parties with Anne --Valentine, Easter, and Christmas. To please Anne, he always wore his beautiful, black velvet suit and he never came home with one soiled spot. One time Anne stood him on her desk and he recited the following poem taught him by his Uncle Sid: "Here I stand, see my pretty figger, But stay away girls, til I get a little bigger." Bruce always said, "De-mind me to de-member" anything he didn't want to forget.

I was, as I recall, in love with Anne at age three. I also remember deciding to "run away from home and go live with her." I remember packing my small octogon-shaped "suitcase" with a bandana handkerchief and leaving home one evening to "go live" with her (next door). Sus recalled the event like this: At this stage of life Bruce decided he was too alone, being an only child, so one night he packed his little toy suitcase and came to move in with us. He packed a new dust cloth, evidently thinking my house needed dusting, his slippers, a pair of suspenders and some underwear. He said his pajamas were hanging too high for him to reach them. We tried to persuade him to go home as his mother was lonely. He said, "No" he had moved in. After Mr. Evans came from the store they came after him, but he was in bed with Anne--asleep. Mr. Evans waked him--but he said, "I don't want to go back. It is home here where I have a Sister." Mr. Evans told him that they would order him a sister--and they did. They ordered her from Kalamozoo, Mich.

When I was three, dady and I went out and found a sycamore seedling and planted it in our back yard. I called it My tree. By the next year the tree was large enough for me to climb. I remember climbing many times in that tree. Even after we moved I would often go back and climb My tree. (The tree is still there, 59 years later, and of course huge.) At the Annual Saline Watermelon Festival, held on June 20, 1933, I got to sit on one of the floats and have my picture taken. I remember us having a big watermelon at home on my third birthday. Also on my birthday that year, Dady bought a new Cheverolet for $695.

When mother was pregnant during my third year, I thought babies came through the mail in shoe boxes. Every day I remember wanting to go to the post office, which was directly across the street from Dady's store, to "see if she had come yet." When Barbara finally arrived on April 28, 1934, I remember thinking "that was the only day I forgot to go to the post office to look for her." I also thought "she came from Kalamozoo." Sus recalled: Bruce didn't miss one day going to the store to open all packages until the day his little sister came. Even then he opened all but one and that was the one she came in -- he said.

One afternoon, April 28, 1934, Bruce came running in out of breath and said, "Sus, stop working, sit down and lets talk about her -- She has come!! My little sister has come from Kalamozoo, Mich. and she is pretty like a doll." I had him eat supper with me. He said, "I guess I want a sandwich spread with may and eggs (mayonnaise.)." I remember being very proud of my baby sister and wanting to tell everyone about her. (Note: later on, as I recall, with more personal experience I soon began to find Barbara less exciting to me!)

When Bruce had the measles he wanted his mother to tell him stories all day long. She gave out and called me in. I exhausted my supply and then he wanted original stories about "Field mice" - of all things!! I told him stories about field mice until I felt I had turned into one. When I started to leave he said, "T-h-a-n-k you, t-h-a-n-k you, Sus. You walk just like Minnie Mouse." He felt that was the nicest compliment he could pay me. At another time, she wrote, Bruce remarked, "Isn't it just awful to hear Anne call Joe Lynn "Buzzard?" (Buzzer was his nickname). Bruce was growing up fast now. He would come and sit with Anne and her dates at night. He would sit on the other side of Anne, asking her date every few minutes, "How much longer are you staying?" He would beat the date to the car, open the door for her and sit by her. He often went to the picture shows with them. Anne said she was trying to raise up a good husband for some girl...

During this year, 1934, when I was 4, I was a member of the Sunbeams, an organization at church. My "girlfriend" that year was Lucy Lane. One event stands out in my memory of my fourth year. I loved to play with the water hose in the front yard. Sometimes my Aunt Hady would put on her swim suit and let me squirt water on her. I was playing with it once when Dady and Sidney came home from the store for lunch. According to mother I squirted it at them and wouldn't let them into the house until she made me stop. I don't remember this. But I do vividly remember how scared I got once when I poked the hose in a hole with the water running, kept washing the hole deeper and deeper until I couldn't get the hose out. I knew I was in bad trouble! As I recall, Dady had to dig a hole to get the hose out. My other "girl friend" at this time were Charlotte Thomas. I remember loving to play with Lucy Lane and Charlotte.

Soon after I turned 4 years old (October, 22, 1934) Dady took Donald Ray, my cousin, and I to the doctor to have our tonsils and adenoids removed. At the same time I had two teeth pulled, and unknown to me before time, was also circumcised. When I woke up from the ether I complained, I am told: I didn't know it was going to hurt down there! I was given a shiny dime and reportedly felt better about it all.

In January, 1935, when Barbara was 9 months old, Dady decided he wanted to go to Arkansas to "see the snow and icicles." Grandmother Coker thought this was foolish to be taking her new granddaughter off on such a trip and decided she better go along to take care of her. We went to Hot Springs, Mt. Gaynor, and Hurricane Cavern in Harrison, Ark.

The first five years of my life were lived in the small house where I was born -- without electricity and with an outdoor toilet. As I recall, I was bathed, at least every Saturday night, in a tub in the kitchen. In 1935, when electricity first came to Saline, we moved a block up the street closer to town to new house they had had built at mother's design. This house also had an indoor bathroom.

In May, 1936, before I was six years old, Dady went to Excelsior Springs, MO, for medical treatment. Mother wrote to him: Dearest Owen, Well, I suppose you are arriving at your destination now. How did you enjoy your trip? Bruce (then aged 5) cried for about 30 or 40 minutes. Wanted us to go back and get his Dady off of that train. Had to take him back and get that gum that you wouldn't get him....Barbara waked up calling for her Dady but she soon got her kitty....Bruce said tell you that he had been good and had two flowers blooming and sister picked them...We surely do miss you but want you to stay and get well. I love you the most. Coker.

On Thursday of that week she wrote:...The school board passed a rule to prohibit all married ladies that married after Jan 1, 1936 from teaching. Doris and Millard were very upset yesterday but are going on with the ceremony. They practised last night. Joe Bruce strutted down like might have been the groom...Barbara calls for her Dady every so often... On Friday she writes: ...Bruce and I went to hear the Range Riders last night. ...Barbara didn't sleep so well last night - ear still bothers her. Bruce is trying to be good so you will bring him something...Lovingly, Coker (includes clipping about the oil news). On Saturday she sent pictures of Bruce, Barbara, Bessie and Howard Morgan, another newspaper clipping about oil business, and wrote:..am glad you let them operate since it was necessary..just hurry and get well.

On Monday Mother wrote again:...How is my sugar this morning...The wedding (Doris and Millard Toms) was real pretty. Bruce missed it - was sick at his stomach. He surely hated to miss it, but was all right Sunday morn... (Grandmother Coker later said that the reason he was sick was that he had picked up a cigarette and smoked it). Then again on Friday Constance wrote: ...Joe Bruce was tickled over his purse. But what about Barbara? We have spats every once in awhile and I tell him I'll just tell Dady the next time I write and he straightens up for awhile. You should hear Barbara (aged 1) trying to say Missoure - you would never guess what it is...stay till you get well, I love you too much, Coker.

In childhood scrawl, my cousin, Bobbie Gene Lewis wrote to Dady:...Dear uncle Owen...My school will close tomorrow. I am hoping to pass...I saw Joe Bruce at sunbeams yestarday. he was good...from your littie boy...

In other letters Mother wrote:...Bruce said tell you he was a good boy but he was joking I think...Owen I just found out that the preacher bought a living room suit and rug, a bedroom suit, a dining room suit, a stove and a rug for the kitchen. I just wanted to tell you I am opposed to you buying him a refrigerator. I think we have done more for them than we are able to now...Now, I've expressed myself on that. I understand he is paying up everyone else... Mother, again later:...Now it is Barbara's time to get something. You don't treat her fair. Am tempted to give her the pin. She says Dady is gone to "Oouri" so sweetly... In another letter written in pencil:...Bruce said tell you he was a good boy. He liked the pencil, let me borrow it...

I started to the first grade in 1936. Miss Delane Smith was my first teacher. The main thing I remember about the first grade was playing with the "markers" made from construction paper and used for following lines while reading. Also, the worst experience I recall was being checked for chewing gum once. We all had to stand up and open our mouths for Miss Smith to "see who was chewing gum." I had gum and didn't know what to do. When she got to C.C. Dison standing next to me, I resolved the issue by just swallowing my gum and then saying I didn't have any when she checked me.

I was, I think, still in love with Anne Sudduth at this time. She gave me a spinning top with this poem which I still have: As many times as this top spins round/My love for you will ever abound/May good fortune smile/on you this year/Bringing you happiness/and good cheer...From Anne, To Joe Bruce. I was also, I well remember, in love with Shirley Temple at this time. I still have a picture of her as a little girl with her name signed.

But Anne was closer at hand, still living 3 doors down the street, though attending L.S.U at the time. I have the fascinating Valentine she gave me that year. She later returned these letters I had written (scrawled!) to her when I was six years old: Feb 26, 1937, Dear Anne, How are you? I am sick. I did not go to school. What did you do at school today. Did you take a tap lesson? How was school today? I had to take an M R (ennema?) and had to go to bed. I am alright today. I missed you lots yesterday. I love you too much. I am coming to see you to day. Do you love me? Write to me soon, Love, Joe Bruce. Also on Friday, June 28, still aged six, I wrote: Dear Anne, How are you? I am all right. Please send me some stamps. What have you been doing?...Sus said she had 21 elephants now...Did it rain at L.S.U. last night? It did here. The velvet beens I planted are coming up good. They are about three and one half feet high. Mother is feeling better. When we were at Grannies I cought 25 fish the first day. The second day I cought 6. The third day I cought 5. If I missspelled a word don't mine it. Answer my questions. Love, Joe Bruce

Mrs. Sudduth recalled about this period of my life: When Anne went to L.S.U. he wrote her many letters and always closed by saying, "Please answer all questions" --whether there were questions or not...Now Bruce was saying his own prayers. One night he prayed "God please make Ga Ga (Mr. Sudduth) a better man." Everyday Bruce asked where Ga Ga was going. Ga Ga always tole him "Sommers." One day he asked his daddy, "Where is sommers." Mr. Evans didn't know. It was some where -- not sommers.

My second grade teacher was "Miss McCain," actually Mrs. Millard Toms by then -- the lady in the wedding I had missed the year before because of "stomach ache." At Christmas that year I wrote my first letter to Santa Claus. Dady saved the scrawled message: Dear Santa, I have been a good little boy. Please bring me a car I can ride in and a new set of colors. I also want a electric train..please bring me candy, nuts, and a ball for my sister. I want a watch that will tick to carry in my pocket and a st? (even I can't read the last word! I guess I never could write legibly) Love from Joe Bruce Evans.

Later when I was writing somewhat better, Dady saved this note from me: Dear Daddy come up here to see me I dont feel good when mamma comes down theire I want you to come up here - with love this is from Joe Bruce Evans. In August, 1937, after I turned 7 years old, Mother, Dady, Aunt Hady and I went on a trip to New Orleans. We visited the home of Huey P. Long. I was very impressed with the cane growing in his yard and dug up a little piece to plant in my back yard. (I did get it home, plant it, and later it became a terrible nuisance to Mother, coming up all over the yard. Now, 56 years later, it is still thriving in her yard.) The most memorable part of that trip, however, was purchasing a small turtle with a painted back. I played with on the floor of the back seat on the way home and lost it. We never did find it until days later when its smell revealed its hiding place.

At aged seven, I was very interested in fishing. Mr. Billy Montgomery took me to Black Lake in April, 1938. We caught a whole mess of white perch. I think the pride I felt shows in the picture Dady made when we got home.

(See File A001 for remainder)